The conditions below describe the prerequisites and scope of our warranty. They do not affect your statutory rights or the obligations of your retailer and your contract with them.
A household appliance like a vacuum cleaner constitutes a sizeable investment. Your new machine needs to work properly for as long as possible. The guarantee it comes with is an important consideration – and reflects how much confidence the manufacturer has in its product and manufacturing quality.
Every Shark machine comes with a free parts and labour guarantee. Our customer service helpline is open from 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday – Friday. It’s free to call, and you’ll be put straight through to a Shark representative. You’ll also find online support at www.sharkclean.eu/uk
How do I register my extended Shark guarantee?
You can register your guarantee online within 28 days of purchase. To save time, you’ll need the following information about your machine:
· Date you purchased the machine (receipt or delivery note)
· To register online, please visit www.sharkclean.eu/uk/register-guarantee
· Both the 12 months and the extended 4 years guarantee will only cover your product from the date of purchase.
· Please keep your receipt at all times. Should you need to use your extended guarantee we will need your receipt to verify the information you have supplied to us is correct. The inability to produce a valid receipt may invalidate your guarantee.
What are the benefits of registering my free Shark guarantee?
When you register your guarantee we’ll have your details to hand if we ever need to get in touch. You can also receive tips and advice on how to get the best out of your Shark vacuum and hear the latest news about new Shark technology and launches.
If you register your guarantee online, you’ll get instant confirmation that we’ve received your details.
How long are new Shark machines guaranteed for?
Our confidence in our design and quality control means that your new Shark vacuum cleaner is guaranteed for a total of five years. (12 months plus an extended warranty of 4 years)
What is covered by the free Shark guarantee?
Repair or replacement of your Shark machine (at Shark’s discretion), including all parts and labour. A Shark guarantee is in addition to your legal rights as a consumer.
What is not covered by the free Shark guarantee?
- Blockages – For details of how to unblock your vacuum cleaner, please refer to the Operating Manual.
- Normal wear and tear such as brush bar, fuse, belt, batteries etc.
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Shark Operating Manual supplied with your machine.
- Use of the vacuum cleaner for anything other than normal domestic household purposes.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the operating instructions.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Shark Genuine Components.
- Faulty installation (except where installed by Shark).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Shark or its agents.
What happens when my guarantee runs out?
Shark do not design products to last for a limited time. We do appreciate that there may be a desire for our customers to want to repair their vacuum cleaners after the warranty has elapsed. In this case please contact our free phone customer service help line and ask about our out warranty program, on 0800 862 0453
Where can I buy genuine Shark spares and accessories?
Shark spares and accessories are developed by the same engineers who developed your Shark vacuum. You’ll find a full range of Shark accessories, spares and replacement parts for all Shark machines at www.sharkclean.eu/uk .
Please remember that using non-Shark spares invalidates your guarantee.