• This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. If for some reason your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the unit off.
Should this occur, perform the following steps to restart the motor thermostat:
1. Turn the unit off.
2. Unplug the vacuum.
3. Empty the dust cup and clean filters.
4. Check for blockages in tube, accessories and inlet openings.
5. Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.
6. Plug in the vacuum.
7. Restart the unit by turning the power on.
• If brush roll indicator light on the floor nozzle turns red, the brush roll has stopped spinning. Immediately turn off and unplug vacuum, disconnect the nozzle and remove
blockage before reconnecting and turning vacuum back on.
• If brush roll indicator light on the floor nozzle is green, the blockage has been successfully cleared. If the light is still red, please contact customer service at
0800 862 0453.
• Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
• Check tube, tube connections, nozzles and accessories for blockages; clear blockages if required.
• Remove any string, carpet fibers or hair that may be wrapped around the brush roll.
1. Detach the handheld portion from the rest of the vacuum by pressing the button on the top of the tube to pull it away from the handheld portion.
Separate the dust cup from the vacuum by squeezing the two “dust cup release” buttons on both sides of the base together and pulling it straight out. Rest the vacuum
on a piece of furniture or lay it flat on the floor.
2 Holding the dust cup over a bin, press the empty button on the front of the dust cup. The bottom lid will open, allowing the debris to fall out.
3 Clean the dust screen inside the dust cup as required.
4 When finished emptying the dust cup, close the bottom lid and insert dust cup back into handheld and you will hear it lock in place.
Access the pre-motor filter by lifting the latch on the top of the handheld portion of the vacuum. Remove and rinse the foam and felt filters every month. Hand wash only.
Let air dry completely before replacing. Tap loose dirt off filters between washes as needed. Insert the felt filter first and then place the foam filter on top of it.
The dimensions are 120 cm high x 26 cm wide x 31 cm deep.
The power cord is 10 M long.
All of our Shark Clean products have a 12 month warranty.
Our confidence in our design and quality control means that your new Shark vacuum cleaner is guaranteed for a total of 5 years*.
*12 months plus an extended warranty period of 4 years, subject to registration within 28 days of purchase when purchased from a retailer.
Our Steam Mops are covered by a 12 month guarantee, extendable to a total warranty period of 2 years (subject to registration).